Don't despair at the state of your skin when you look in the mirror, because a spotless, line-free and flawless complexion is lying just beneath the surface of your skin, just waiting for you to discover it!
At Selston Cosmetic Clinic we use chemical peels to improve the skin's appearance. They're a widely used and useful part of cosmetic treatments, which can help a number of skin concerns. Chemical peels are most often used as an anti-ageing treatment, to improve acne and skin discolouration or simply to freshen up the skin.
Chemical peels can refresh the skin, giving your face a healthy looking glow, as well as giving your skin-care products a smoother base to sit on. The procedure basically involves applying an acid-containing solution to your face. The acid lifts away the dead cells in minutes, triggering a chain reaction: causing exfoliation of the top layer of the skin, and once it's shed, the living cells below will multiply and move up. This will increase collagen production, making hyaluronic acid, which results in a fresher, younger looking face.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- They can reduce or take away blotchy patches that cause the skin to appear dull. They can penetrate deep enough to remove the top layer of skin, which will even out your skin tone.
- The sun is the main cause of fine lines and wrinkles, and a chemical peel can remove the sun damaged layer of skin, leaving behind a fresh and smooth layer.
- They leave your skin feeling smoother, revealing a fresh layer of skin, giving a youthful appearance and a much improved skin texture.
- A chemical peel is a good treatment if you’re suffering from acne and within a few months can help clear up inflammations and even acne scars.
- The treatment is fast and simple. The average procedure takes around 30-40 minutes.
Chemical peels offer a quick-fix solution, without the need for surgery. Lasers can target problems such as pigmentation and fine lines, but they can prove expensive, so chemical peels are ideal for customers looking for effective, cheaper options.