Symptoms often begins with flushing but other symptoms might be:
- Burning and stinging sensations
- Permanent redness
- Pimples (papules and pustules)
- Appearance of small blood vessels on the skin
- Cleanse your face gently before applying your make-up. Find a cleanser that's best suited to your skin type, avoiding products with harsh chemicals. Try to choose only natural-based products that won't make any flare ups worse. After cleansing, gently pat your face dry with a soft towel, without rubbing your face too harshly.
- The fewer ingredients in your moisturiser the better and definitely fragrance free. Ultimately, you simply need a moisturiser that's gentle, rehydrates your skin and stops it from drying out.
- A primer will help your make-up sit nicely on your skin. A green-tinted primer, used only on the affected areas, can hide the redness before you apply your foundation.
- A good mineral-based foundation usually has fewer unwanted ingredients and will offer good coverage on your skin. Oil-based products might not hide the redness on your skin as effectively.
- When you apply your foundation, to avoid irritating your skin you should apply it with a make-up brush and not with your fingers. It's important that you clean your brushes after every use, especially when you suffer from a skin condition, such as rosacea, that's prone to flare-ups.
- You should choose your make-up carefully, as vibrant red lipsticks and bright eyeshadow will only magnify any remaining redness.
At Selston Cosmetic Clinic, we provide a state of the art laser treatment, giving effective therapy for this upsetting condition. With the use of laser energies and expert technique, we are obtaining excellent results, not only in the cosmetic appearance but also a marked reduction in the upsetting flushing attacks of rosacea.
Our advanced laser system has a cooled sapphire window on the tip of the laser scope to further protect and cool the skin. Laser treatment causes only minimal discomfort, although some may experience a minor stinging sensation on the skin as we deliver the laser pulses. We can offer topical anaesthetic cream to make treatments as comfortable as possible.