Wednesday 25 August 2010

I am a lady in my 50's and starting to suffer hair loss!


Q. I am a female aged 52 and have started to suffer hair loss in various parts of my head. Im sure most of your patients are male and wanted to know if the FUE hair transplant procedure works the same for woman as it does for men?


A. The procedure is the same for men and women. Women tend to lose hair from all over while men tend to follow the male pattern baldness. We have carried out lots of successful procedures on women and each case is different.


I suggest you either come to the clinic or send me through some photo's so that I can see the areas in question and also see what i think is causing this.


Please also have a thyroid check up, anaemia and also a hormone check up as many women loss hair during the menopause.


We have also had some great success with laser hair therapy for women to increase the thickness of the existing hair but without seeing you it is difficult to know what to suggest.


Dr Raghu Reddy

Hair transplant surgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment