Thursday 5 August 2010

Can i have a FUE hair transplant without shaving my hair?

Q. I would like to have a FUE hair transplant but want to know can it be done without having to shave all my hair?

A. Yes you can have FUE without shaving all the head, there are a number of options. The first is that we can just shave a small area from which we can take the donor grafts. This is possible if your donor area is of high density, meaning you have generous amounts of hair at the back and sides.

This however does reduce down the choice that I have when taking the grafts and also will reduce down the area that I can take them from.

We can also do long hair procedures, i.e without having to shave the head, but I generally charge more for these as they take a lot of time and effort to do.

I would need to see either you or some pictures in order to assess whether it would be in your best interest to have your hair cut short or not.
You head is not shaved completely but is a grade one hair cut, similar to David Beckhams when he had his hair very short.

We usually recommend is that you start to gradually reduce down the length of your hair before the procedure. This is generally easier during the summer months as many men do this anyway due to the heat and convenience for swimming etc.

Dr Raghu Reddy
Hair Transplant Surgeon

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. does fue hair transplant work

    ReplyDelete