Thursday 23 September 2010

FUE Hair Transplant Consultation


I recently met one of your patients as part of my research into getting a hair transplant and I was very impressed by the density and natural appearance of the transplanted hair . During our conversation he mentioned something about hair loss being progressive and that during my consultation, I would be advised on my suitability for the procedure.


I find it strange as I have already been to a couple of clinics and have a few quotes , but no one mentioned about me being unsuitable for a hair transplant.
I am 25 and have frontal balding could you please advise on what happens during the consultation.
Thanks for your query. I firmly believe that a consultation with your surgeon is the most important part of any successful cosmetic procedure, let alone a FUE hair transplant.


During the consultation, I perform a thorough examination of the scalp, including miniaturisation mapping . This would give me a idea as to mapping future baldness patterns and also preparation that I need to make to match your expectations.


Regarding suitability , I’m afraid the fact remains that not everyone is suitable for an FUE based technique. Some of the key factors I look for during the consultation are


1) Age
2) Family history
3) Expectations
4) Sufficient donor hair
5) Nature of scalp etc.


If for any reason I find that you are unsuitable for the FUE procedure, I would recommend alternative treatments, depending on your level of motivation. I commend your diligence in finding the right surgeon and treatment for you, but if I were to undergo any surgery I would not even think about doing it without meeting the surgeon that performs the procedure.


At the end of the day , it’s not the technique, clinic or salesperson that determines the outcome, it is your surgeon. Good luck in your pursuit.

Dr Raghu Reddy

Hair Transplant Surgeon

Selston Cosmetic Clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment