- Food allergies - Some outbreaks of acne might be the result of food allergies. Write down what you eat and see how it affects the skin's condition. Go a couple of weeks without the food you think might trigger your acne, and look for alternatives.
- Check ingredients - Soap can have harsh ingredients that dry out and irritate the skin, and this can lead to acne breakouts. Instead, try using a gentle cleanser for the face, making sure you don't scrub the skin too hard. A good cleaning routine will help to keep your pores clear and clean, but cleaning your face too often can cause more irritation and breakouts.
- Touching - Try to stop touching your face. Throughout the day our hands are touching everything, accumulating dirt, germs and bacteria, and when we touch our face it goes on the skin, causing it to clog up the pores. Popping and squeezing spots will only make them worse because you’re passing the bacteria from one part of your face to another.
- Tea tree oil - Tea Tree Oil is a natural disinfectant and dabbing a small amount on your blemishes, can help breakdown the bacteria and speed up the healing process, without removing the skin’s natural moisture.
- Stay hydrated - Water is very important to the body and drinking 8 glasses of water a day will help to keep the body and skin hydrated. Drinking water will help to give you clear, beautiful skin, by flushing out the toxins in your system, cleansing your cells of built-up waste.
We use the most advanced laser technology at Selston Cosmetic Clinic, with new advancements in acne treatment, which is effective for adult acne, adolescent acne and various grades of acne; severe, moderate or mild.
Benefits of laser treatment on acne;
- It's effective on all forms of acne vulgaris
- Laser suits all skin types, face or body
- There's no side effects
- An excellent alternative to topical treatments
- Smoother skin complexion and a clearer-looking skin
- Laser also diminishes acne scars
- Lasting results
- Laser has a proven safety record