Tuesday 11 May 2010

I am 25 But Already Suffering Hair Loss


Q. I am a 25 year old male but am already starting to lose my hair. I have shaved my head so that it becomes less obvious but am now starting to thin on my crown as well. I do not have any medical problems that would cause me hair loss so it must be down to genetics.

Is it normal for somebody my age to lose hair so rapidly and if i have a FUE hair transplant will it be successful considering that i am so young and have already lost a lot of my hair? Could you also give me details on costs of the operation, consultation and aftercare.


A. Hi there, thanks for your query. It is not unusual for someone your age to have establised a pattern of baldness. If you have no medical problems, you are right in blaming your genes for your hair loss.

However the good news is that with advances in hair transplants and a proper management plan, a respectable cosmetic result can be achieved. Costs start at £2.25 per hair dropping to £2.00 per hair if 3000 or more hairs are transplanted.

I would definately recommend you drop in for a free consultation at our Nottingham clinic to chart a management plan as medical restoration might have a role to play in stopping progression of your hair loss. Visit us at http://www.selstoncosmeticclinic.com/ to make an appointment.

Dr Raghu Reddy

Hair Transplant Surgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment